Voice Teacher Profile Projects Overview
Please note: This is simply an overview of the requirements of the Certification Teacher Profile. You must consult the Projects Workbook for complete instructions and suggestions.
Project #1 – Write Your Teaching Philosophy
Project #2 – Analyze Four Teaching Pieces
Give the historical background, teaching approach and theory analysis for each of the four mid-intermediate teaching pieces provided to you following submission of your application and payment of fee.
Project #3 – Present Your Teaching
- Video record three lesson segments with the same student on the same piece. (Video Recording Tips for Project 3)
- List the materials used in the recorded lessons.
- Write a self-evaluation of each recorded lesson segment.
- Provide your goals for this student.
- Show how you assess the outcomes of your teaching.
- Play and video record 5 to 10 minutes of your singing. Vocalists must choose pieces that are at least at a late-intermediate level, such as the songs in Joan Frey Boytim’s Second Book of Solos (published by Hal Leonard Corp.). These pieces do not have to be memorized.
Project #4 – Share Information About Your Teaching Environment
- Describe how you foster a teaching environment that promotes learning in your studio.
- Provide supporting documentation for three resources that you use in your studio or classroom.
- Describe how you use these three resources.
Project #5 – Discuss Your Business Ethics And Studio Policies
- Describe how you would ethically deal with three scenarios involving students, colleagues, and family members. (Consult the MTNA Code of Ethics)
- Document your studio and business policies.